Monday, November 8, 2010

Let's Talk about Flora Expo!

Hi there,

Guess it's because I'm so far away from Taiwan that I am so desperate to go to the Flora Expo, which, of course, is far from possible to me now, haha. I think it would be a good idea to read some articles about the Flora Expo, so that we know how to describe or introduce some of the exhibitions or performances or characteristics of the whole events, well, at least to some of my Caucasian and Indian friends here.

Maybe we can also talk about something beyond the event itself, say, national pride / visibility, whether it is worthwhile to organize such event, and maybe some construction issues.

So here are some of the articles and video clip I found online that are related to the Taipei Flora Expo:
  1. Seeds sewn by Flora Expo will take time to blossom (from ChinaPost)
  2. Flora Expo to highlight Taiwan's 'flower power' (from ChinaPost)
  3. An Explosion of Flora Expo Originality (from Discover Taipei)
  4. king shih architects: taipei flora expo (from Designboom)
  5. Taipei-Flora-Expo-Preview (video clip, from NTDTV daily news)
These materials seem a lot. No worries, 'cause you don't have to read / watch them all. Try to pick at least 2 that are interesting to you :)

That's pretty much it so far. Talk to you later :)

Best,

Angela 





2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela!

    We decided to go to Taipei to visit my in-laws this weekend, so I can't join you this week. Sorry about that!


    cheers,maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure no worries! hope to talk to you next week :)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete